Friday, May 23, 2014

Loving You -- Part 1

Do you know how much I have loved you?  The joy of feeling you move in my belly, the squirming you did--the elbows, feet and hands pushing all over as you grew inside.  I lived to see you on the ultrasound machine.  The flicker of your heart beating was a joy, while the sickness seemed to consume me.

You came into this life perfect and pink at exactly 12pm.  My high noon baby.  Ten toes, ten fingers, blonde hair and blue eyes.  More than that, if you had been mixed up with another baby, I would have known...the angel kisses that touched just above your eyes and across your nose, as well as the stork that had left its bite mark at the nape of your neck, were tell-tale signs that you were in fact my baby.

You were an easy going baby.  Feed me, change me, keep me warm, and snuggle me...often.  And that, I could do.

Once you could walk and talk, you became 'little miss independent'.  You wanted to do everything your big sisters were doing, even more so after you turned two.  The words "I do it" were often part of your daily conversation.


No comments:

Post a Comment