Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Forever Four

Looking at the pictures
that now hang upon the wall,
I realized at at once,
what would happen after the fall.
Your oldest sister keeps on growing
dark eyes and hair and oh so tall.
There you will be, year after year
blue eyes and light hair and oh so small.
Your next oldest sister is growing too,
beautiful and lovely
and before you know it,
I'll look back and realize,
just how fast time flew.
And yet there you are,
the same as the day you left.
A sunshiny little girl,
full of joy and laughter,
a light in my world.
You will never be six or seven,
or start school or go to prom,
for you are in heaven.
You will always be my little girl.
I will always want more...
and though the years pass,
you will always be...
forever four.

©Kati Iannello (aka mom)
7/10/14

No comments:

Post a Comment